Sunday, 11 September 2016

Welcome back my friends ...

Welcome back my friends ...

An obscure 1970s prog rock lyric reference. What better way could there be to welcome an old fart like me back to the world of blogging after a nine month hiatus?

It's been a busy nine months that's for sure. Since I shut up shop on the old blog (here) in January I've helped write and record Sandi Toksvig's first season of QI (she's amazingly good as the new host), been involved in launching two books I've written or co-written - Saving Bletchley Park and Why Did The Policeman Cross The Road? (see links at right of page) - and launched a crowdfunding campaign for my first novel (here). I've given talks all over the UK and at HybridConf in Berlin and I've appeared in literary tents at Latitude, and the Wood, Fireside and Wilderness Festivals. I've also appeared on the Ex Libris panel show (listen here) and on the QI podcast No Such Thing As A Fish (listen here) and the Level Up Human live show (listen here). Oh, and I've recorded a pilot for a possible new TV series (as the host) and given two TEDx talks in Wales and London.

As I say, it's been a busy nine months.
 






But now it's time, I reckon, to bring back the blog.

Expect interesting stuff about writing and art. Expect news of events I'm involved with and some behind the scenes material.

Basically, more of the same kind of bloggage as I've produced for the past 10 years.

It's nice to be back.




No comments:

Post a Comment